Register
Search
View: 12050|Reply: 67

[Game Guide] What formation do you use? [Copy this link to quote]

Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-17 09:20:27
|Show all posts
Edited by HaVoK at 2013-09-17 09:21

Vote for your most frequently used formation. Comment bellow as to why you think that is the best formation.
SinglePolls, Total 74 Users voted
6.76% (5)
36.49% (27)
5.41% (4)
10.81% (8)
2.70% (2)
1.35% (1)
17.57% (13)
1.35% (1)
5.41% (4)
12.16% (9)
Your User group have no permission to vote
IGN: Havok
Server: 3

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Sleepy Moderator

Pumpkin King Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-17 22:39:55
|Show all posts
Oh this is the thread I want to see!
See you some day in the future!

Use magic Report

Archmage

What the fu...

Pumpkin King Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-17 23:17:33
|Show all posts
The formations are designed in such a way that fortitude will win in an even playing field against any other formations. In other words, if there are two players with the exact same 5 companions with the exact same statistics, the player using fortitude will win; that is with the proper placement of each companion.

The phase system in this game is built so that the bottom three slots in the formation grid is targeted as last priority. For this reason, some people may believe having one or two companions in this row may be the smartest strategy. However, if the player using fortitude places a companion that obsorbs damage efficiently, for example a guardian, in the middle of the grid, that damage-absorbing companion will absorb a minimum of two enemy companions' hits. That alone gives the player using fortitude the advantage. The second reason fortidude has an advantage over other formations is because it is occupies only two rows in the formation grid. This means that whatever formation fortitude is put up against, it will always have at least +1, in fortitude's favor, in trading hits.

With this said, the same things can be said and applied to the Dexterity formation. However, with the facts aside, I personally choose Fortitude over Dexterity because of sentimental reasons; it was my first complete formation
Zzzzzty of S2
Visit us at http://dbes2.enjin.com !

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-18 18:23:18
|Show all posts
Hate to it but zzzzzzzzty is wrong, I regularly beat people in fortitude formation with 5k higher OA in arena using vitality formation.  Each formation has itsluses and minuses.  If I told you which formation wins against each other then that would take all the fun out of the game for you.

Meatshyld

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran Lord of Threads

Post time: 2013-09-18 20:37:45
|Show all posts
Meatshyld replied at 2013-09-18 19:23
Hate to it but zzzzzzzzty is wrong, I regularly beat people in fortitude formation with 5k higher OA ...

Every form has a WEAKNESS.  Question is do you have the right part to use that weakness?
IGN: RAVEN S2
RETIRED GUILD LEADER: RedRuM(RETIRED)
LVL: 94
http://dbes2.enjin.com

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-19 00:27:20
|Show all posts
Meatshyld replied at 2013-09-18 18:23
Hate to it but zzzzzzzzty is wrong, I regularly beat people in fortitude formation with 5k higher OA ...

Overall is a very inflated number not accurate depending on comps- however that put to the side for another debate. Zzzzzty clearly said equal comps on all venues. Meaning no advantages except beserker vs hunter vs swordsman, in this aspect I'd agree she is correct and you would be mistaken. I'll also point out their is no "solid/complete" counter formation vs formation due to the fact of companions. So once again you overstated the possibilities of formation countering, but only due to placement an use of companions. And I'll point out real quick, your vitality would get destroyed quick against an oppenent using Fred.

Now for the topic, wisdom and evasion are my main ones I use. Why, because my main competition will slaughter me unless I'm spread in wisdom, or evasion to tackle their Agrims, Fred's, Guruks, and this new pain in the royal Ass Kusami, who I still can't find her weakness.
IGN: KrAzeD LunAtiK -s1 & s2
Guild: RedRum (before we retired)
4600 diamonds later a Lore chest gives me Kitty.

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-22 07:12:24
|Show all posts
Edited by Lassarakaur at 2013-09-22 07:15
The formations are designed in such a way that fortitude will win in an even playing field against any other formations. In other words, if there are two players with the exact same 5 companions with the exact same statistics, the player using fortitude will win; that is with the proper placement of each companion.

This is demonstrably false.  In a party with a Frelia or other multiple hitting companion (even Lee) using a regular attack, Fortitude is exposed to multiple hits from that companion while others are not.  As a result, all things being equal, the side in the non-Fortitude formation should win as they will effectively get more hits than the Fortitude formation.

Use magic Report

Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-23 23:34:56
|Show all posts
I am glad to see so much feedback from the community. Thanks everyone, as a new player this will help me a lot in figuring out how the pros play.
IGN: Havok
Server: 3

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-24 18:00:47
|Show all posts
HaVoK replied at 2013-09-23 23:34
I am glad to see so much feedback from the community. Thanks everyone, as a new player this will hel ...

You want to figure out how the pros play, LOL. Spend several thousand dollars and just have your overpowered comps steam roll you to victory- not entirely joking.

Theirs no solid or complete answer for best formation to use, it changes every single fight. Alchemy, training, forges, evo, companions are what changes what's needed every.

Lass gave his view on how fortitude isn't great against certain comps, I'll give you a point of view that if you want to be good in this game you need to start utilizing.

Let's say you use Fort against an oppenent like -Freya( or whatever Fred comp does the normal cross attack). 9/10 times this is an instant loss. However let's say you purposely plan on letting freya hit 3 comps at one time. Why, so you can ensure your rage is filled completely for your 3 skill attacks. Let's say it's Ada, Andre, martina that will get this quick boost. Her attack might be devastating and weaken 3 of yours, however you popping of 2 huge aoes, plus Martina's attack can quickly give you the advantage needed to decimate your opponent. These are the things you end up finding and using to your advantage each fight. 

If you want to be "good" at this game learn every comp, every skill attack, and learn how to use their strengths against them. 
IGN: KrAzeD LunAtiK -s1 & s2
Guild: RedRum (before we retired)
4600 diamonds later a Lore chest gives me Kitty.

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran

Post time: 2013-09-27 20:34:11
|Show all posts
i use fortitude/evasion most, but now ill start using wisdom, fortitude is a great formation from lv 1-70, but now i have frelia, andre, and ada, i like to spread them out and let andre and ada use skill so they both can be hit and rage increases, and wisdom also prevent other frelia normal hit, and martina skill from hitting multiple comps of mine
IGN: Mmxiii
Server: S1-Dawn
team: Frelia, Fredela, andre, Lulu

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Privacy Policy|Download Games|Dragon Bane Elite

2017-09-25 05:42 GMT-6

To Top