Dragon Bane Elite Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 2193|Reply: 16

Joltdeds 4th instance guide [Copy this link to quote]

Post time: 2015-03-21 11:29:38
|Show all posts
So the 4th guild instance has been in a pain in the ass for pretty much everyone who isn't unreasonably wealthy. Well I'm here to tell you I've found a fast, easy, and affordable method to send this boss to it's grave. For the low low cost of just 9.99 usd you can purchase "joltded's guid to the 4th instance for poor people!"....  Lol i kid, I kid. But I really do have a method, it's as follows.

The most important piece of this method is Guruk. His skill hits a row and disables buffs for 3 turns. This is important because healing is considered a buff, and so this prevents the healers from being healed for 3 rounds. The second very important piece is Neza. His skill causes % based damage for 2 rounds and does in the neighborhood of 700k damage to the healer each round.

So next is the setup. Hawkeye is the prefered form since it puts 3 comps in the bottom row, but anything else that puts 2 down bottom can work. You want to set up your form with just Guruk, Neza, and Main. The reason for this is that you don't want to survive longer than the two or 3 rounds that the poison and debuff last, otherwise they will heal back the damage you've done. Guruk should go first, followed by Neza and main.

The next thing you need to do is make sure Guruk and Neza have enough hit so the healers don't dodge. You need at least 1600, but 1700+ is preferable. This is easily achieved with titles and a hit crystal leveled to 5 or 6. I give Guruk my warlord title and Neza gets crusader. Of course you also need two level 10 havoks so they skill first round.

That's it really, pretty simple. Guruk is a pretty readily available comp now at 4k dia, and a good add to any team that doesn't already have a 2*+ mag attack comp. Neza is of course available to everyone very easily in explore. A few people in guild with this setup will take them down quite easily, so long as the rest of the guild doesn't attack and heal them back. Hope this helps, and happy hunting.

S7-Conqueror
Joltded
Guild: Exodus

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-03-22 23:33:52
|Show all posts
Great job Jolt! So nice to see those healers gone!
IGN: Katiya
S6 merged (S7 Conqueror original)
Guild: Exodus, Adjunant
S6/S7 Observer

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-09 19:21:50
|Show all posts
Thanks for the great tip. I've tried it and had great success killing the front guruk. However  trying the same Guruk/Neza/Main combo on the second Guruk and Im not getting the same great results. My Guruk skills just fine. But then the dragon fires back wiping out both my Guruk and Neza; so I don't get Neza's poison for two rounds. I'm a Swordie using drain/slash which is simply dealing about 4400 dmg for three hits before I die. Am I doing something wrong?
I tried putting the order as Guruk/Main/Neza and Neza lives to deliver his skill, but both he and my main are killed with the next dragon Atk; so doesn't cause his Guruk any damage.

The only thing I can think of is to up Neza's HP and Def so he might live through the first dragon attack.
IGN: Yert
S8- Blast
Guild: Afterlife

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-09 19:23:24
|Show all posts
Thanks for the great tip. I've tried it and had great success killing the front guruk. However  trying the same Guruk/Neza/Main combo on the second Guruk and Im not getting the same great results. My Guruk skills just fine. But then the dragon fires back wiping out both my Guruk and Neza; so I don't get Neza's poison for two rounds. I'm a Swordie using drain/slash which is simply dealing about 4400 dmg for three hits before I die. Am I doing something wrong?
I tried putting the order as Guruk/Main/Neza and Neza lives to deliver his skill, but both he and my main are killed with the next dragon Atk; so doesn't cause his Guruk any damage.

The only thing I can think of is to up Neza's HP and Def so he might live through the first dragon attack.

IGN: Yert
S8- Blast
Guild: Afterlife

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-10 06:13:38
|Show all posts
Glad to hear someone has found success. I assume you're using  Hawkeye form? If so simply put a comp in the IV slot. This will cause the dragon to only hit whoever is in the IV and V spots so that you can damage the rear healer.
S7-Conqueror
Joltded

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-10 14:14:43
|Show all posts
Thanks for the guide, Joltded. I was able to emulate it using Venus+Greenbeard+Main. Although, not as effective because Venus doesn't land her debuff 100% I was able to kill the first healer today.
IGN: Dr Waffles
Server: S10-Legend

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-11 16:27:24
|Show all posts
Jolted:

Thanks so much. That was the key for the back guruk. I put a comp
in Hawkeye IV to take the dragon blast. Neza died the first time I tried, but I upped his HP to 99K and he lives fine now. It was a bit odd, however.  Once or twice my main died before Neza and Guruk. All good though since everyone died before the three turns were over. Next stop: kill Dragon!
IGN Yert
S8 Blast
Guild Afterlife

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-13 15:57:52
|Show all posts
Awesome Yert, glad it worked.
S7-Conqueror
Joltded

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran Lord of Threads

Post time: 2015-04-13 16:13:09
|Show all posts
This guide seems to be helping a lot of ppl so I'll add it to the game guides list....sorry I didn't do it sooner
IGN:  Salgod - S1 Dawn
Guild: Wardogs - Observer S1/2/3
CRBG Champions: I, II, III, IV.
DBE Game Guides (Click Here)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-15 07:32:36
|Show all posts
Thanks Salgod.
S7-Conqueror
Joltded

Use magic Report