Dragon Bane Elite Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Author: Freja

[Game Event] [Event] Recruitment of In-game Observer!   [Copy this link to quote]

Post time: 2015-04-20 11:05:49
|Show all posts
Hello,I would be more then happy to be in game observer,I am very active player and my ingame knowledge is pretty good.Im very willing to help everyone who needs any kind of assistance,and ready to report to game operators any bugs and glitches.Im a good team player so i believe i would be good help to everyone who needs it. I hope you will concider me as a in game observer,I would be more then happy to do it.Please let me know if you have any questions,and hope to hear from you soon with possitive answer
IGN: Tepih ,server 12-faith,guild #3 Retribution

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran

Post time: 2015-04-20 11:23:02
|Show all posts
Edited by Hebrewexpress at 2015-04-20 11:23
Salgod replied at 2015-04-20 09:41
Freja, I would suggest two observers per server if your goal is to have an observer on call 24/7.  ...

I agree with Salgod here.  There are so many features within the game, and it would be nice to have two sets of eyes per server to help out.  People would not be confused by this, in fact, most would probably not even know or pay attention to it.  Players are not dumb either, they know who are the active, contributing members of each server.  

In addition, it would be nice to mow things over with a second person if you are on a server.  Such as, "hey, Sal, I think this is going on with so and so.  I need to run for a little bit.  Can you keep an eye on it?"

See our point here Freja?
Server: s2
IGN: Hebrew express
Guild Leader:Act of Valor
CRGB Champion: V

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-20 11:32:10
|Show all posts
I would like to be an observer. I play daily, have for about a year now. I'm on S11, I am extremely active in all chats. If anyone new has questions and they post I'm typically one of the first to answer and if I don't know, I'll figure it out and get back to them. So this wouldn't really be anything new to me ;). I would also like to say Jema for S11 I would stand behind her as well.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-20 11:43:23
|Show all posts
Hello Freja, I would like to nominate myself for Server 9 (Highborne)
I feel like s9 doesn't have much representation and is often over-looked compared to some other servers. We are a smaller tight-knit community, whom I've gotten to know very well.

Why Me?
I may not be the most powerful on the server, but I am in the top 25 in Arena (maintaining top 20-25th spot) and am fairly knowledgeable about this game.

-I try helping players with the knowledge I have.
      I won't name anyone's IGN here but recently I have helped a lvl 60 Druid understand which stats to focus on, because he had a lot of Str and very very little Int. I also helped a guildmate of mine (before he joined our guild) learn about Aeon Practice and collecting materials for skill books. I have many other examples but those are a few. I enjoy helping new players understand their characters (even if they aren't druid, I know enough about all the other classes to push them in the right direction).

-I play everyday, nearly all day long. I haven't missed a day for a looooooong time. I'm very active and always stay up-to-date with Events and Mall items.

-I'm active here on the forums. Altho I see some familiar faces pop up every once in a while (Cukencleen, Nemesis) I think of everyone on s9 I'm probably the most active here on the forums. I like to stay in touch with every aspect of the game.

-I am not doing this for the title or diamond bonus. In fact you could take away those features and I would still want to do it.

Gaming History
I have always been addicted to MMORPG style games. It started when I was young with a PC game called Maplestory. Then came about the wonderful invention of iPhones and Androids and I moved on to those. My first real addiction was an old old Pokémon style iPhone game called Pets LIVE. I played that for about a year or so but left when they stopped updating the game with anything new for months and months, the devs abandoned the game. I then moved on to a great game I played for a long long time called Blood Brothers. Spent quite a bit of money on that game, but they never game out with new gameplay features, just kept coming out with new comps (like 10 new ones a week) to get you to sink more money. The gameplay got boring, and I was lucky to find Dragon Bane Elite! At first it seemed overwhelming compared to Blood Brothers, so I only played once in a while. Then the more and more I played the better and better the game became to me. Now I'm full blown addicted and can't go without it!

Thank you for considering my application. Even if I'm not chosen I appreciate you reading this. And if I'm not chosen I would like to recommend 2 extremely nice and helpful s9 players, Missd, and Mercykiller.

My IGN is Lycer
I play server 9 Highborne
S9 - Highborne
Guild - The Legion (Elite)

Use magic Report

Pumpkin King Veteran Lord of Threads

Post time: 2015-04-20 11:45:44
|Show all posts
Edited by Salgod at 2015-04-20 12:46
Hebrewexpress replied at 2015-04-20 12:23
I agree with Salgod here.  There are so many features within the game, and it would be nice to have ...

Those are great points. One observer with no one to bounce rumors/info off of could lead to extra work for the devs. Let us players do more leg work for you. We are willing and want to.

It's important that all observers (regardless of server) are in communication with each other. An observer on s9 might hear something on his server about an exploit but can't confirm it. He can then get in touch with the other observers to see if they have any info on it.

Another thing to point out, when a bug exploit is found, the last place it is talked about initially is on forums and in general chat. By that point everyone knows and many have exploited it. Bugs are always first discussed in 3 places: guild chat, private messages, and 3rd party chat apps. One observer can't cover all those avenues of communication. On s1/2/3 alone there are 4-6 active guilds. If guild A finds out about an exploit but the observer happens to be in guild A's rival then the observer won't hear about it until it's too late. However, if you allow for multiple observers who have connections with all the active guilds, chances are he/she gets wind of anything suspect early on and can help find the bug before it's well known.

There's a right way to have in game player mods and a wrong way. One person can't do it all. If diamonds are the issue then I would happily take half the diamonds (IF I'm lucky enough to be an observer) to have another observer out there with me. I've wanted player mods for awhile because I think they have a better pulse of each server but I want to try and help DBE do it the best way possible.
IGN:  Salgod - S1 Dawn
Guild: Wardogs - Observer S1/2/3
CRBG Champions: I, II, III, IV.
DBE Game Guides (Click Here)

Use magic Report

Veteran

Post time: 2015-04-20 11:46:16
|Show all posts
Can I make a suggestion.  Rather than offering up 800 dias a week (which is nearly $80/month in value), you could offer observers a free monthly pass (which comes out to 420 dias a week, plus the other incentives like stamina).

Personally, I would do this for FREE, if it helps the community out, because I care about the game.  Salgod, Hebs, Ilrab and Pando (among others) have been doing observer activities for free for a long time.  I hope everyone who has volunteered has done so without just looking at the personal gain.

The problem I have with the 800 dias is that it's a differentiating amount, it's not going to allow a player to beat a super-spender, but it could differentiate a player from their comparables in a matter of months, which I do not see as being the goal of the role.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-20 11:54:11
|Show all posts
Artural replied at 2015-04-20 12:46
Can I make a suggestion.  Rather than offering up 800 dias a week (which is nearly $80/month in valu ...

That's not a bad idea. Though I do think the devs like showing upper management "hey we got 2000 different people to spend on our game in the past month." Monthly pass may not bring in huge money but it does get a lot of people to spend. So I think they would prefer to just send out Dias and keep ppl buying monthly pass. Even if it's only 16-32 ppl.

Like I recently posted, I'd more than happy with fewer Dias per observer but more observers per server. Just one observer will miss a lot of stuff. I would like to see one observer per server. But a single server starts out with 2 observers. So s1/2/3 would have 3 observers. Servers 4/5 would have two observers. S13 would also have two observers. When servers are merged the devs would then decide who to lay off and who to keep. Based on activity and performance reviews.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-20 11:57:19
|Show all posts
Lycer replied at 2015-04-20 12:43
Hello Freja, I would like to nominate myself for Server 9 (Highborne)
I feel like s9 doesn't have mu ...

I hope u rep s9! I don't claim to know the motives of all the people applying but a select few make me think it may mostly be for the Dias. Good luck!

Use magic Report

Veteran

Post time: 2015-04-20 12:19:49
|Show all posts
Edited by Artural at 2015-04-20 12:27
Salgod replied at 2015-04-20 11:54
That's not a bad idea. Though I do think the devs like showing upper management "hey we got 2000 d ...

Yeah, something like 400 dias would be a better fit (in my opinion), equivalent to monthly pass but not stopping folks from still spending.

Another idea could be to rotate observers each month, from a pool, or something like that.  It might get different times of coverage, different perspectives (classes played, vip level, etc.)

I like your idea of having 1 per server.  My thought with rotating folks is so that people understand that being an observer is a 'privilege' and not just a way to scam extra dias for free for doing nothing/little, in perpetuity.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-04-20 12:37:05
|Show all posts
I know that there are a lot of players that would like to have the opportunity to be able to do this. I would love to be given the chance for this position on S12 Faith server. I love the game and would be more than willing to help make the game run more smoothly for all the great players out there in any way that would be needed. Thank you for giving us a chance to actually be part of the game.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Privacy Policy|Download Games|Dragon Bane Elite

2017-11-18 07:54 GMT-6

To Top