Dragon Bane Elite Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 748|Reply: 8

Anti-Spam Strategy [Copy this link to quote]

Post time: 2016-05-26 19:53:50
|Show all posts
Dear all, as you can see, there are a lot of ads (things like cheap jerseys, fake Chanel perfume etc) floating on our forum everyday, basically we will delete them right away but they simply show up again at next second, that's quite annoying.

In that case, we changed the requirement for posting any thread. We replaced the random "Code" with a "Q&A" model, which means before you are going to post anything, you need to answer a very simple question about our game. This will effectly prevent those spams from spamming our forum. Hope you can understand!

Thanks for your time.

Use magic Report

Lord of Threads Veteran

Post time: 2016-05-26 21:27:29
|Show all posts
That will not stop spammers add the IP address to your forum block list that wills everyone better also creates registration process that USA bit more in depth
S2.                                                  /S17
IGN: Oblivion                                  /Oblivion.S17
Original S2 Redrum Crew (retired).  /RedRum

S17
IGN Oblivion.s17
Guild: RedRum

Oops did I make you mad?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-05-27 16:10:29
|Show all posts
Thank you for addressing it!!
IGN= Ianiank
Guild = Havoc
Server Observer S20
Quote= people may not remember what you say, but they will always remember how you made them feel

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-05-28 11:22:03
|Show all posts
I hate this new annoying feature just block that person. It's the same person over and over.  Also mobile don't show security question.
IGN: Foolish
Server 10

“Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else ... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-05-28 11:58:01
|Show all posts
Foolish replied at 2016-05-28 12:22
I hate this new annoying feature just block that person. It's the same person over and over.  Also m ...

On mobile had that issue but its been appearing now
IGN= Ianiank
Guild = Havoc
Server Observer S20
Quote= people may not remember what you say, but they will always remember how you made them feel

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-05-28 12:51:05
|Show all posts
I agree with Oblivion. Block the IP address. The function was not working properly when you first added it and I only see it as a nuisance.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-05-29 21:51:07
|Show all posts
CaptSavageKilla replied at 2016-05-28 12:51
I agree with Oblivion. Block the IP address. The function was not working properly when you first ad ...

They will just switch an IP and spam again. I don't think it's gonna work. But still thanks for the hint.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-06-01 00:45:46
|Show all posts
isnt that supposed to be part of registration and earning points for posting ability?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-06-03 11:46:14
|Show all posts
IP address changes guys. Blocking IP address is not the solution. What they have done will help more.

They can't block a domain, ip address because it could restrict legit players from posting.

Mystique.s6

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Privacy Policy|Download Games|Dragon Bane Elite

2017-11-20 11:26 GMT-6

To Top