Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 857|Reply: 8

Uncomprehensive Hexagram Information/Guide? [Copy this link to quote]

Post time: 2016-08-06 13:46:05
|Show all posts
Edited by Aalelorn at 2016-08-08 03:12

Hexagram is one of those things that people just accept as a boost to your OA but don't really know the formulas for...and that bothers me. So this is what we know so far.

Hexagram stats are factored by the naked (non-pvp, no alchemy, no meditation, no equipment, no gem) stats of the companion in the slot. Which means the things that do affect the hexagram are:

Basic Talents
Training
Evolution
Level
And less obviously, Specs.

It is stated on the hexagram page specs do affect your hex, and they do. But in a weird way that is hard to decipher. I would recommend not spending honor to heavily unless you have the permanent fixture to a hex slot, such as a champ on block or dodge.

The companions in your top bottom right and bottom left slot provide you a bonus HP stat. Level these companions with Fairy Tears and raise their HP spec to something that's not too pricey and you will benefit greatly. I recommend 6-8. Training mainstat (stat that affects training grade, will raise HP in these 3 slots as well.) I recommended training to A/A+ with gold training for these 3 positions. The Hexagram level of these 3 slots will also increase the HP Bonus amount.

Inversely, the companions in your top left, top right, and bottom slot provide a bonus Lethal stat. Which is also affected by specs. However lethal is not obtained through levelling up (unless I'm mistaken and assassins do gain it passively) so I strongly recommend putting a character that fits the slot, and has a lethal spec with reasonably high passive lethal, such as Elliot.

Now let's get to actual slots themselves. With the release of champ I finally paid attention to hex stats and realized that they are actually quite simple. At least off stats are (block, res, pierce, critical, dodge, hit). If you have 0 specs for the comp and you have a 22.50% bonus from hex levels and you place a comp with 400 block in the block slot, you quite literally get 22.50% of that comps 400 block as a bonus to your entire team. The same goes for the other off stats I listed. The formulas however for MAtk, PAtk, MDef, PDef, SAtk, SDef are much more complicated and I have no idea their actualy impact but it seems somewhere in the ballpark of the hex level bonus +5-8%.

Top Slot: Physical Attack/Hit (HP Bonus)
-I recommend Zerk/Swordy for heavy HP bonus and PAtk, or Assassin for heavy Hit bonus. I use Asuka personally because I had her so long she's level 108 and has a good phys attack buildup. Plus she has Physical Attack, Hit, and HP specs, all of which affect that slot. But Liszt/Athrin are also widely available solid options. Training mainstat will increase HP bonus.

Top Right Slot: Phys Def/Block (Lethal Bonus)
-Champ. All the way. This guy was made for hexing either dodge or block. Any other use and you're vastly underestimating Hex. My entire team gains 131 block from him being here, and as low of a number as that sounds, it pushes 3 of my comps to near 100% blocking. Otherwise a good swordy or Guardian works. It's hard to build lethal in this slot and take advantage of the other bonuses. Monk only has none of the spec shares here. Guardian and Swordsman have Phys Def and Block but no lethal.

Bottom Right Slot: SAtk/Dodge (HP Bonus)
-Champ or Kincade. Champ again adds insane dodge but has no dodge spec. However he does have SAtk and HP specs. Kincade has a great base skill attack and is very attainable nowadays through black market. He has SAtk, Dodge, and HP Specs. I use Bunny for the high skill attack because I am a druid main and have no decent hunters atm, but I am aiming at Kincade just to hex him. Training mainstat will increase HP bonus.

Bottom Slot: SDef/Crit (Lethal Bonus)
-Assassins seem to excel in this slot. Not for the SDef, but because Crit and Lethal are shared in this slot. I personally use Elliot, but Athrin is almost exactly the same for this slot. I am hardpressed to replace Elliot as I get 50 lethal bonus basically all from him and that's just quite a bit to lose just to put a comp with may be 2k more SDef.

Bottom Left Slot: MAtk/Pierce (HP Bonus)
-Any high MAtk comp works as all magic users come with 1k+ Pierce, remember this slot contributes to HP so I would recommend a Druid, as the high innate pierce, plus the magic attack spec and druids naturally high HP/HP Spec boost are exceptional here. I use Greenbeard because of my obscene spec share on HP/MAtk from my main. Training mainstat will increase HP bonus.

Top Left Slot: MDef/Resilience (Lethal Bonus)
-I recommend a Druid. If you have access to Ivy, she is excellent here. Druids have MDef and Resilience specs, both of which contribute to this slot. I personally use Inory because my only hex worthy druid is Greenbeard and he's much more useful in my MAtk slot.

And that's it. I'm sure most of you knew most or all of this already, but if not I hope this helped guide you to building your entire team at once through hex. If anyone has exact formulas for the attack, defense, hp, and lethal bonuses I would be thrilled to add them or just to have them in secret.

Thanks to S.15 Dynasty, S.6/7 Shootyouinthe, for contributing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-08-06 15:48:16
|Show all posts
I'm guessing that overstep has contributions to hex too. Just for the heck of it I'll try is on beelz and post here again.

For hit/phy atk slot no one is better than beelz/athrin I currently get 822 hit and hit spec is not maxed yet.

For skill def /crit kincade really surprised me with the nice numbers.

For dodge I obviously use champ.

For block 3GS guardian is pretty good.

The others are Druids as you suggested.
Don't like what I wrote?
Then you should go and love yourself!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-08-06 16:03:51
|Show all posts
I was wrong OS does not contribute to hex.

I found out that training beelz increased his hex hp bonus too, didn't know that was the case until now.
Don't like what I wrote?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-08-06 16:56:15
|Show all posts
Edited by Aalelorn at 2016-08-06 17:45
Shootyouinthe replied at 2016-08-06 15:48
I'm guessing that overstep has contributions to hex too. Just for the heck of it I'll try is on beel ...

How impactful was the hp bonus and thanks for testing overstep!
I was thinking Kincade also but with the super heavy crit/lethal meta I put Elliot for the lethal bonus, what's kin's impact on lethal in that slot?
Also how good is athrin/beelz on HP at top? I get 13k hp with all hp specs that contribute at 5.
just test training on greenbeard, 1 tec added 2 HP to hex. Minor but it matters. I recommend training HP providers to A/A+

Editing the tidbit about training in and gave you contribution credit at bottom of post.

What's your server #?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-08-06 21:36:42
|Show all posts
Thanks for the post!
IGN= Ianiank
Guild = Havoc
Server Observer S20
Quote= people may not remember what you say, but they will always remember how you made them feel

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-08-07 22:42:26
|Show all posts
Aalelorn replied at 2016-08-06 16:56
How impactful was the hp bonus and thanks for testing overstep!
I was thinking Kincade also but wit ...

When I trained beelz, 2 str gave 5 hp in hex, and about 9 or 10 phy atk. My hex atk spots are all lvl120. I get about 25k hp from hex.

Beelz gives me 11k phy atk and 822 hit.

I'm from S6/7.
Don't like what I wrote?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-08-08 03:11:54
|Show all posts
Edited by Aalelorn at 2016-08-08 03:13
Shootyouinthe replied at 2016-08-07 22:42
When I trained beelz, 2 str gave 5 hp in hex, and about 9 or 10 phy atk. My hex atk spots are all  ...

Just tested levelling the slots related to HP, they also add an impactful amount to the bonus.

Edited in that tidbit and your server number in contributors.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-09-21 11:33:40
|Show all posts
So some testing was done and ultimately I came to a end but the way stats on hex are determined  is the champs base stats including class upgrades.  Let's take champ for starters his base dodge is 1000 my hex upgrades it to 25.2% so he ends up giving me 252 dodge.  So if are trying to determine the best champ to go in a certain slot I recommend going for a champ that has high base stats of that slot and a class upgrade for it giving you the best results. Hope that helps people have fun

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-09-29 00:12:16
|Show all posts
Booyaa6 replied at 2016-09-21 11:33
So some testing was done and ultimately I came to a end but the way stats on hex are determined  is  ...

It's a lot more than just that as covered in the topic post.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Privacy Policy|Download Games|Dragon Bane Elite

2017-09-25 05:42 GMT-6

To Top